About the movie
Pad Man is an upcoming 2018 Indian biographical comedy-drama film written and directed by R. Balki, featuring Akshay Kumar, Sonam Kapoor and Radhika Apte in lead roles.
Lakshmi is a newly married welder who causes a stir in his East Indian village when he tries to revolutionize the manufacturing of sanitary napkins for women.
The film will be based on “The Sanitary Man of Sacred Land”, a short story from Twinkle Khanna’s book, The Legend of Lakshmi Prasad, which is inspired from the life of Arunachalam Muruganantham, a Tamil Nadu-based social activist who revolutionized the concept of menstrual hygiene in rural India by creating a low-cost sanitary napkins machine. Padman revolves around the story of Arunachalam who invented low-cost sanitary pads.
In Hindi with English subtitles
When and where?
1. Geneva –
Sunday 11th February at 10h30 – (With seat reservations) Arena Cinemas La Praille, Route des Jeunes 10, 1227 Carouge, Geneva.
2. Vaud – Vevey
Sunday 11th February at 10h30 – Cinema Astor, Rue de Lausanne 17, 1800 Vevey.
- Ticket prices: Online– Adults: 20 CHF , Students & Senoirs: 16 CHF, Children 12CHF / Offline, – at the Cinema Adults: 22 CHF , Students/Seniors : 18 CHF, Children 14CHF
- Tickets can be bought online or 30 minutes before the movie in the cinema.
- We don’t accept any reservation by phone or email.
- For information, please write to the organizer at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us on Facebook.
- For shows where the seats are not numbered, this will be attributed on first come first serve basis; with priority entry for reserved tickets.